What is garbage bread? It’s a super delicious, crazy-adaptable burrito-sized pizza roll. You stretch out pizza dough, sprinkle it with toppings, roll...
Slow-cooker taco soup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cups diced onion
- 1 cup fresh peppers, seeded and diced (For mild soup, use bell peppers; for a spicier soup, use 1 poblano pepper, 1 jalapeno pepper and 1 green chile.)
- 2½ tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning (can substitute 3 cloves of garlic, minced)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup corn (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup cubed butternut squash (frozen or fresh)
- 1 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 2 15-ounce cans of dark beans such as black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can of light beans such as pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large saucepan.
Saute the beef, onion and peppers until the beef is browned and the vegetables are tender.
Add taco seasoning, adobo seasoning, oregano and salt.
Stir until the seasonings coat the meat and vegetables and are fragrant.
Put the beef mixture, corn, squash, tomatoes and water into the slow cooker and stir well. *
Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
Add canned beans just before serving. Stir until warmed through.
Taste, season and serve!
* If you prefer to use dried beans, you can add them along with the other ingredients to slow cooker in this step. Use 1 cup dried dark beans and ½ cup dried white beans, rinsed and drained.
Connect with us