Looking for fun summer activities with low price tags? Then check out the many free camps offered by The Sanneh Foundation, the St. Paul-based...
We're hiring a summer intern!
Minnesota Parent — an award-winning, 45,000-circulation glossy monthly magazine serving the Twin Cities — is looking for a journalism or writing student to serve as its 2018 summer intern.
This position includes writing, reporting, researching and interviewing during the summer months at Twin Cities summer camps and classes. Our intern’s main mission is to produce summer-camp profile stories for our 2019 Camp Issue.
If touring summer camps and talking to kids, counselors and camp directors sounds interesting and fun to you, we’d love to hear from you.
What you get out of it
• Experience/portfolio: Through this internship, you’ll build a gorgeous collection of glossy magazine pages to help you gain future employment as a paid professional journalist.
• Mentoring: You’ll also get detailed writing feedback from the editor, a longtime journalist who is well-versed in the craft of storytelling.
How it works
• This not a paid position. If you’re interested in freelancing for hire, check out our pitching guidelines.
• Most of the work for this internship occurs June through August (when camps are in session). Once the Camp Issue gets closer to publication, we’ll need you to be available (at least by email) to review final comments/revisions to your stories. For this 2018 internship, that will be sometime late in January 2019.
• Hours are extremely flexible because the work is project/story based. You must spend some of your time meeting with the editor at our downtown Minneapolis offices at 1115 Hennepin Ave.
• If you have an interest in doing social media, web-content management or photography for a professional news organization, we can help you cultivate your skills, as time allows.
Send a cover letter, resume and up to five published writing samples to Sarah Jackson, Editor, Minnesota Parent, email@example.com.
Please, so we can be sure to find your application, use the subject line #intern2018.
Learn about our parent company, Minnesota Premier Publications, here.
Connect with us