Lay a solid foundation of protein in your kids’ tummies — before trick-or-treating — with these whimsical mummies. They take time, of course (about...
Berry bliss for kids!
Strawberries and cream parfait
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar, divided
- 5 ounces Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk, half-and-half
- or heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Place the strawberries in a small bowl and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar. Toss gently and let sit for about 30 minutes, then strain to remove juices.
- Whisk the yogurt, cream cheese, milk or cream, 2 teaspoons sugar, vanilla extract and salt until smooth.
- Layer the ingredients, starting with graham crackers, followed by a layer of the cream mixture, then a layer of berries, then cream, berries and, finally, cream.
- Sprinkle the top layer with graham cracker crumbs and top with a fresh strawberry.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 2 parfaits
Source: This recipe was adapted from brighteyedbaker.com.
Connect with us