Valentine's day falls on a Saturday this year.
Um, yeah, like, THIS Saturday.
What’s your plan, parents?
How about … brunch at home!
We know: Couples with kids (especially little kids) tend to push romance to the back burner. But with this easy plan, you don’t have to! You can even invite the kids!
Single parenting? Make it FOR the kids!
Either way, you’ll create memories. Check out the vintage-inspired Valentine brunch table, courtesy of a cadre of all-local Twin Cities vendors who conspired to inspire us all with a vintage-themed brunch table.
You don’t have to be a pro to steal this theme, however.
Just dig out your favorite pancake recipe (or Hungry Jack), grab your favorite tea or coffee, pick up some casual flowers, make a couple of mimosas and enjoy a totally fab, in-your-pajamas brunch!
Here’s who we have to thank for the ideas in the photos:
• Angel Food Bakery and Coffee Bar in downtown Minneapolis did the food and donuts. Want your very own special donuts? Call 612-238-1435 by 3 p.m. today (Feb. 12) to pre-order for Feb. 13 pickup or by 3 p.m. tomorrow (Feb. 13) to order for Feb. 14 pickup.
• On Solid Ground Vintage Rentals of Minneapolis did the furniture and staging.
• Bee The Buzz Event of Minneapolis was behind the concept, styling and planning.
• Appleblossom Flowers of St. Paul did the lovely floral arrangements.
• Tracy Walsh Photography of Maple Grove captured all the magic on film:
Want to pick up something sweet, special and Minnesotan? Check out the today's Sweets for your sweetie story in the Star Tribune.
Still thinking of having a gift delivered? Check out these last-minute ideas from Mpls.St.Paul magazine.
Happy Almost Valentine’s Day!