Summer is kicking off in downtown Minneapolis with a jam-packed schedule that includes more than 1,800 events now through September.
That and a dynamic and full event schedule will make Minneapolis a busy and vibrant destination this summer. As a kickoff to summer downtown, all residents and visitors are invited to participate in Downtown Field Day on June 1st at The Commons. Come to work, stay to play! Activities, games, friendly competitions, food trucks, celebrity appearances, live music, and happy hour will take place throughout the day between 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Downtown Field Day
• Thursday, June 1 from 11a – 7pm.
• The Commons (425 Portland Ave S, Mpls, MN 55415)
Downtown Field Day will kick off the summer and make everyone feel like a kid again. Think local celebrities doing foam jousting, corporate teams competing in tug-of-war, the Twin Cities’ favorite food trucks, and performances from local entertainers—all with plenty of fanfare (that’s where you come in).
You will find more than 1,800 events and activities, there is something for everyone, this summer in downtown Minneapolis. There are so many options for you to explore downtown Minneapolis.
• Tuesdays: Nicollet xChange: Sustainability marketplace with themed weeks. Includes Street Eats/food trucks, giveaways, exchanges (fashion, home goods, sporting goods, media, books), music, and more. 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. on Nicollet between 8th & 9th Streets
• Wednesdays: Go Outside with Hennepin County summer sessions over lunch hours, outdoor movies/music and the Mpls Park Market at The Commons, and Beyond the Box performances at 5th and Nicollet
• Thursdays: Downtown Thursdays: Themed activities each week from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. along with food, music, giveaways, promotions from local restaurants and businesses, and more on Nicollet, plus downtown parking promotion, free co-working space availability, Nicollet pedestrian experience, and more. Click here for a full list of 24 Downtown Thursdays promotions!
This summer is going to be full of fun in Minneapolis!
Don’t miss out on the fun festivities this summer, including major events such as:
• Pianos on Parade presented by PNC Bank—June 1 – 30
• Music in the Park—June through September
o At The Commons (Wednesdays at 12 p.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.)
o At Water Works Park & Pavilion (Mondays at 7 p.m. and Fridays at 12 p.m.)
o At Loring Park (Tuesdays at 12 p.m. and Fridays at 7 p.m.)
Movies in the Park through August at the Commons on Wednesday nights at dusk.
Go Outside with Hennepin County: Movie Nights and Fitness Classes at Target Field Station, and lunchtime activities at Government Center South Plaza.
All these fun summer festivals including:
o Stone Arch Festival (June 17 – 18)
o Twin Cities Pride (June 23 – 25)
o Taste of Minnesota (July 2 – 3)
o International Day of Music (July 15)
o Aquatennial (July 19 – 22)
o Loring Park Art Festival (July 29 – 30)
o Downtown Minneapolis Street Art Festival (August 12 – 13)
There are so many markets and places to stroll and browse each week in downtown Minneapolis:
• Daily: Minneapolis Farmer’s Market – Lyndale Avenue, open 6 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• Tuesdays: Nicollet xChange (food, giveaways, exchanges, music, and more), 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
• Wednesdays: Mpls Park Market featuring The Black Market Events at The Commons, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Thursdays: Downtown Thursdays (food, music, giveaways, and more), 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
• Fridays: Mpls Park Market featuring indigenous makers at Water Works, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
• Saturdays: Mill City Farmer’s Market, 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Don’t forget about Minnesota sports teams!
• Twins games at Target Field
• Lynx games at Target Center
• Vikings games at U.S. Bank Stadium
What are you looking forward to this summer?